Library Rules and Regulations
- Entry to the Library is free to all Zimbabwean citizens and residents over the age of 19 years.
- Free membership, which guarantees unrestricted access to the IRC is reserved for the following categories: University lecturers/students; Lecturers/students at teachers’ colleges; Polytechnic lecturers/students; authentically employed persons and Retired persons.
- Some form of identification may be requested for security reasons.
- Trained staff will guide members on use of the IRC resources and facilities.
- IRC resources are, (currently), restricted to onsite use only.
- Library users may be charged for defacing books and other library resources. Patrons caught stealing or defacing library materials will be prosecuted.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are not allowed in the library.
- Reading of personal books/notes and conducting of private business are strictly prohibited in the library. However, note-taking from reference materials and periodicals is permissible.
- Library Hours are: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 10:30 - 4:30 (Inclusive of lunch hour(s). Friday: 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. Library is closed on Wednesdays but the Auditorium is open for news only.
- Library and Offices are closed on American and Zimbabwean Public Holidays.
Updated: August 30, 2012