Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
Application Deadline: June 1st, 2013.
The American Embassy is pleased to announce the 2014 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program. This one-year, full-scholarship program is offered to mid-career professionals working at policy-level who have a record of leadership, a commitment to public service, and the initiative to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent study at a leading American university.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the Fields of Study
Fields of Study
Fellowships are available in the following fields:--
- Natural resources and Environmental Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Economic Development
- Agricultural development / Agricultural Economics
- Finance and Banking
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Law and Human Rights
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Education, including planning, administration,& curriculum development
- Public Policy and Management; and
- HIV/AIDS policy prevention
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must have:
- A first university degree
- Five years of substantial professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service
- Fluency in English
- Zimbabwean citizens working & living in Zimbabwe at the time of application
Application Process/Selection Process
Interested applicants must apply to the U.S. Embassy on official application forms which can be downloaded from here (PDF_20.3KB)
Forms and copies of degree transcripts should be recieved no later that June 1, 2013.
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship provides:
- Round-trip economy international travel for the grantee.
- Tuition and university fees.
- Limited accident and sickness insurance for the grantee only.
Applications must be sent to the Program Officer (H.H. Program),
The Humphrey Program does not provide financial support for accompanying dependents.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.