Call for Nominations: 10th Auxillia Chimusoro Annual HIV and AIDS Awards
Deadline: 21 November 2010
The Auxillia Chimusoro Awards honour individuals or organisations that have excelled in their involvement in the fight against HIV and AIDS in Zimbabwe. A cash prize and Award Certificate will be awarded to winners in each category.
Who is Auxillia Chimusoro?
- Born in 1956 at Gokomere Mission, Masvingo, Zimbabwe
- Publicly revealed her positive status in 1989
- Founded Batanai HIV/AIDS Support Group in 1992
- Co-founded Zimbabwe National Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in 1992
- Founded Auxillia Chimusoro Masvingo Provincial Network for People Living with HIV/AIDS
- Passed away on Friday, 19 June 1998
You are invited to nominate an individual or organisation for consideration in any of the following award categories:
This award recognises initiatives that provide information about HIV and AIDS using various channels of communication. Nominees for this award should be individuals or organisations who have excelled in providing up to date, relevant and accurate information addressing current issues on HIV and AIDS and targeted at a broad audience in Zimbabwe. Such efforts should demonstrate informed knowledge and promote innovative responses to the HIV and AIDS pandemic.
Social Investment Award
This award recognises visionary and strategic leadership in the fight against HIV and AIDS. The nominated individual/organication should demonstrate innovation, commitment, relevance and consistency in the manner he/she has applied himself/herself in leading the HIV and AIDS response in Zimbabwe. The demonstrable areas of leadership may include but are not limited to policy, advocacy, programme implementation and management in all sectors.
This award honours an individual or organisation that has designed and implemented creative and unique approaches to directly mitigate the socio-economic impact of HIV and AIDS on society. The nomination must clearly demonstrate that the individual or organization has invested their own resources to support new or existing interventions and has gone further to build local sustainability of the intervention.
Special Recognition - Lynde Francis Award
This award will be given only to a deserving individual or institution whose actions have made a remarkable impact on the tide of the epidemic in Zimbabwe. Selection of the qualifying awardee will be subjected to rigorous assessment to measure impact, relevance, integrity and quality of work.
- No self nominations are permitted
- Provide a reason(s) for nominating this individual or organisation (no more than 300 words)
- Nominations must be accompanied by supporting evidence or documentation
- The organizers shall, where appropriate, use their own means to verify claims, therefore, nominations must provide full contact details of themselves and their nominee(s)
An independent panel of judges will review all nominations and determine winners. Their decision shall be final.
Submit nominations to:
The Secretariat, Auxillia Chimusoro Awards 2010, P.O. Box EH 306, Emerald Hill, Harare
Or: 30 The Chase West, Emerald Office Park, Block ‘E’, Emerald Hill, Harare